What the What?
This is the personal site of Scott Watermasysk.
I am a bootstrapped business founder & advocate, ruby on rails developer, husband, father, sometimes basketball coach. I love to build things.
I have worked at startups (we call them small businesses on the east coast) for nearly 20 years. This site is a collection of what I am working on, learning, and find interesting.
KickoffLabs - I guess a project is a stretch since this is also my livelihood. 😀 KickoffLabs is a platform for growing your business with viral marketing contests. I have been working on it for about eight years (March 2011), and it is still going strong.
Bootstrap Weekly - This is a weekly newsletter for bootstrappers that has been on hiatus for a couple of years. I have a new direction for it and you should see it pick back up in 2020.
How I VSCode - A simple way to share how you are using VSCode.
Eleventy Origin - I am a big fan of Eleventy (static site generator). It is the right mix of power and simplicity. Origin is my personal starter template.
Indie Triage - Tries to help ensure all questions asked on sites like Indie Hackers get answered. (Paused for now. APIs are not solid enough to build on yet)
Jekyll Rest - An API for Jekyll (more details). It should be usable across other platoforms as well...which I will verify soon for this site.
Shorti - Simple API only URL Shortener (more about shorti).
New Jersey Bootstrappers - Still in its infancy stage, I am hoping to grow & connect a community around small self-funded business ideas.
- I live in New Jersey with three amazing women.
- Graduated from Rutgers
- Spent many years in the .NET/ASP.Net world, but now code almost exclusively in Ruby.
- I believe the world would be better if people spent more time doing creative things (note: creative is much more than just art).
- I drive to many dance classes.
- Software is what I was born to do professionally.
- I love to build stuff and I am trying to get better at shipping and sharing it regularly.